Striking' is the first word that comes to mind when you pop the hood of an F8x X5M/X6M with a Dinan carbon fiber cold air intake system. The underhood appearance is completely changed and set off by intricate carbon detailing that makes the engine compartment just as flattering as the sleek exterior lines the vehicle possesses. While the aesthetics are the most recognizable change to the system what is more impressive is the functionality that lies beneath the carbon fiber lid.
The care that went into the filter design is what makes the system function as well as it does. The stock filters are restrictive with only a minuscule 89 inches in total filter area. The stock filters also only allow air to be drawn in from the front and rear instead of around the entire surface area. Dinan's custom filters, on the other hand, eliminate this wasted area and allow air to be drawn in from all around and increase the total filter area to 292.4 inches. That's a massive increase of 228% in filter area over the stock setup. In order to accommodate these massive filters the stock lid needed to be enlarged as much as the hood clearance would allow. This gave us the opportunity to implement it's signature carbon fiber look and appeal while also increasing the overall volume of the airbox by ~15%. The increased volume of the airbox allows the larger filters to ingest more air at any given moment and elicit a slightly more audible and sporty tone over its stock counterpart. This optimized design yields increased HP/TRQ throughout the power band and shows consistent gains over stage 1 when combined with the stage 2 DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner.
- More Power: + 23 HP @ 5500 RPM, + 25 LB-FT @ 4000 RPM (coupled w/ engine tuning)
- Sportier Sound
- Improved throttle response
- ~15% Larger volume air box via a Carbon Fiber lid that allows for the spacing needed for the larger filters
- ~15% Larger volume air box via a Carbon Fiber lid that allows for the spacing needed for the larger filters.
- 228% increase in filter area (stock: 44.5in² each, Dinan: 146.2in² each) for optimum flow
- Dinan filters draw air in from all around versus the stock filters which only draw from the front and back of the filter
- Bolt-on installation
- Brand: Dinan
- Dinan Point Value: 3
- Emission Code: 4
- Height: 12
- Labor Time (Hours): 0.5
- Length: 30
- Max HP Gain: 23 @ 5500 RPM
- Max Torque (lb-ft) Gain: 25 @ 4000 RPM
- Product Type: Cold Air Intake
- Weight: 11
- Width: 20
- Part Number D760-0047
- BMW X5 Series F85 X5M V8 4.4L S63 Twin Turbo (2015 - 2019)
- BMW X6 Series F86 X6M V8 4.4L S63 Twin Turbo (2015 - 2019)
To ensure the part(s) you have ordered fits your vehicle, we run a compatibility check prior to dispatch. We can do this either using your registration number(UK) or the last 7 digits of your VIN. Simply enter your car details prior to checkout.